Mima Counselling Services is a team of experienced child and family therapists including Accredited Mental Health Social Workers, Child and Family Therapists and Counsellors.
We see children aged between 3 -12 years, adolescents and their parents/caregivers for individual counselling, sibling counselling, parent coaching, therapeutic group work, parent/child dyadic work and family work.
Children need ways other than words to express and explore what is worrying them and to help learn and practice new ideas and skill in a safe and creative setting, our therapist use art, play, drumming and other creative expressive therapies to work and engage with your child.
We will work closely with you the parent/caregiver as the expert of your child to address your concerns and how to help your child whether they are experiencing social and emotional difficulties, bumps in the road and childhood trauma.
We can assist with the following issues:
• Fears and worries
• Bed wetting
• Sleep issues including nightmares
• Fussy eating and meal routine struggles.
• Separation anxiety
• Social skills and how to make and keep friends
• Bullying at preschool or primary school
• School refusal
• Behavioural Problems including tantrums and meltdowns, frustration, angry and/or aggressive outburst.
• Regulation of these big feelings
• Sadness, withdrawal and feeling bad about themselves
• Grief and Loss
• Coping with separation and divorce
• Sibling conflict
• Blended Family issues
• Transitioning to preschool, big school and highschool
If you are not sure if your child would benefit from counselling please contact us to discuss.
We are keen to work with your family’s strengths, values and priorities and understand that sometime families need some extra help to get back on track. We work with parents, carers and foster parents who would like help with their child’s challenging behaviours, adjusting to a new baby, reunification, reparative parenting, creating a closer bond or attachment, becoming a collaborative parenting team and so forth.
We can provide;
• ‘Parent Coaching’ to learn new strategies and skills
• ‘Bringing Up Great Kids’ parenting workshops
• ‘Mindful Parenting’ and ‘Emotional Coaching’
• Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
• Filial Play Therapy
• ‘Theraplay’ attachment informed work.
Please refer to our website for more details about our service and who we are www.mimacounselling.com.au