Parkside Montessori centre is:
- Open from 8am until 4pm on weekdays 50 weeks a year.
- Closed on weekends, public holidays and for just over 2 weeks during the Christmas and New Year period.
- We communicate with parents on a daily basis using Kinderloop or EDUCATE and HUBWORKS
- We provide weekly science and art workshops facilitated by experts.
- Our Montessori directors are AMI trained. All staff have undergone Montessori training.
- We provide chilled water, morning and afternoon tea. Fresh fruit and water is available all day.
- Sunscreen is provided.
- Start up packs containing hat, lunch container, library bag and Montessori books are provided on commencement
- We have a lovely outdoor space which has been specifically designed with input from families to encourage curiosity, activity and exploration all for children.
- Our centres all embed sustainable actions and routines with reuse, recycling and upcycling.
- Parent information evenings are provided
- Transition to school program is embedded in the Montessori program
- Workshops on toilet training, language development and discipline are available and given by a child development specialist.Learning happens from the beginning of life. This is encouraged through joyous interactions with those around us. Your child's happiness and development are our priorities.
- At Parkside Montessori we take great pleasure in providing a boutique, family run centre offering exceptional education and care to 17 children from 2 - 6 years. Each day children are cared for by outstanding educators in a warm, welcoming, Montessori environment which is specifically designed for children of this age.
Montessori is known to provide an education which teaches children life skills and independence while offering enriched movement, language and mathematical concepts. At NSW Montessori Schools our program addresses all aspects of their being, including the heart, mind and body. Our focus is on building a trusting and caring relationship with your child and entering into a partnership with you.
At Parkside Montessori we develop close relationships with each child in our care as they explore the world around them. We understand the importance of forming these early attachments for the development of trust, resilience, self regulation, confidence and independence.
We guide each child in discovery as each child is unique and has their own learning style and pace. Our inclusive indoor and outdoor learning environments are filled with opportunities to explore using natural materials for play. We involve children in sustainable practices which are embedded in their daily learning and acknowledge that they are caretakers of this earth.
Our light, bright and natural learning environments are designed to maximise your child's curiosity, develop and strengthen fine and gross motor skills and encourage a healthy sense of self. Our educators take pride in offering inspirational learning opportunities in fun-filled and engaging educational environments.
We look forward to showing you our centre.
ABOUT OUR MONTESSORI PROGRAM
Our Montessori environment is one of beauty, order and kindness. The children have a sense of freedom and naturally interact with the thoughtfully prepared environment. Areas for, Arts, Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics and Cultural studies encourage exploration and care for the community. The educators guide each child’s development by observing and designing individual experiences based on natural interests.
The process that the child follows in developing their own abilities and personality in our environment is facilitated by the interactions we share.
Meaningful transformation and positive growth can be achieved through empowering and inspiring children.
Our approach is holistic in nature, working not only with the children themselves but also their families and wider community. Constant engagement with parents ensures that the children are supported throughout their learning experience. Educators offer home visits prior to enrolment and these are followed up by parent meetings, workshops and events during the course of the year. We value our partnership with parents and respect their role as their childs first educators.
Our Montessori Program is
- Play based, culturally appropriate and teaches skills for simple daily living
- Focused on educating the human potential by recognising multiple intelligences – musical, visual-spatial, bodily-kinaesthetic, verbal-linguistic, logical-mathematical, naturalistic, interpersonal and intrapersonal
- Taught holistically incorporating literature, music, art, drama, number & logic, sustainability and immersion in nature
- Aimed at promoting problem-solving abilities, critical thinking and active decision-making
- Eco-centric showing understanding of human-nature connection and the ecosystems in which we are embedded
- Core values that infuse independence,respect, responsibility, kindness, love, loyalty and community.